Founded on James 1:27 “Pure and undefiled religion before God is to care for orphans and widows in their time of need and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world.”
We have many ask how they can help us to help the community- if God has laid it on your heart to help financially you can now easily donate through the button above. We appreciate everything this community does to help us continue this mission!
Walton County has one of the highest rates of child home removals in the State of Florida
There were approximately 52 children removed from their home in Walton County in 2023. However, there are less than 36 beds available in the county.
When counties don’t have enough beds for foster children they are forced to relocate out of their home county. There are roughly 16 kids without beds in Walton county.
*Facts provided by Families First Network
FOSTER MOM’S PERSPECTIVE OF PO27:
After doing foster care for several years, we found that it is extremely lonely. Knowing that there is a group of people, like PurposeOne:27 dedicated to helping these children’s lives become better is comforting.
They are a team of people devoted to supporting our family through one of the most difficult journeys we’ve ever walked, strengthening and encouraging us along the way.
Often during the journey of foster care, the needs are so overwhelming that we often don’t know what we need. It is incredibly uplifting to know that all we have to do is ask one person and most of our needs are met quickly by an entire community. Thank you PurposeOne:27.
– Walton County Foster Parent
Over the past two years we have ministered to foster families in Walton County through:
- 234 meals served
- 27 families assisted with supplies such as backpacks, clothes, car seats, strollers, and school supplies
- 16 respite events allowing parents to drop kids off for some organized fun while they have alone time to do whatever they need
- Over $4,000 in gift cards to help offset the costs of taking in children who often come with nothing
- Numerous meals and pedicures to local foster parents through our business partnerships
- Countless prayers, encouraging phone calls and texts to foster families.
- Monthly support group meetings held in Walton County so foster parents no longer have to travel to another county for education and support