Founded on James 1:27 “Pure and undefiled religion before God is to care for orphans and widows in their time of need and to keep oneself from being corrupted by the world.”
Walton County has one of the highest rates of child home removals in the State of Florida
There are currently 181 children removed from their home in Walton County, and this number rises daily
Out of those 181 children, 96 have been homed with a relative or close family caregivers
Which leaves 85 children in foster care, but there are only 17 available foster beds!!!
The number of children in immediate need of placement in Walton County, is a chilling 64
*Facts provided by Families First Network
Foster families are responding to one of the most urgent needs we face as a community, the needs of the orphan. The drop out rate for foster families is high, but we believe that by surrounding these families with resources and support, we can alleviate some of the burden while helping families to feel loved, valued and appreciated. Many are not able to become a foster family, and we understand that, however, we CAN all HELP SUPPORT those who can. By working together as a community, we can increase the number of loving homes awaiting these children in need. Your support helps foster families to “stay in the game.” Our dream is that Walton County rises from having the highest need for foster homes in the state to the lowest through loving and supporting of our foster families. James 1:27 makes it clear that “His Will” is for us to minister to the orphans, therefore “Our Wheel” was designed through obedience to “His Will.”
FOSTER MOM’S PERSPECTIVE OF PO27:
After doing foster care for several years, we found that it is extremely lonely. Knowing that there is a group of people, like PurposeOne:27 dedicated to helping these children’s lives become better is comforting.
They are a team of people devoted to supporting our family through one of the most difficult journeys we’ve ever walked, strengthening and encouraging us along the way.
Often during the journey of foster care, the needs are so overwhelming that we often don’t know what we need. It is incredibly uplifting to know that all we have to do is ask one person and most of our needs are met quickly by an entire community. Thank you PurposeOne:27.
– Walton County Foster Parent
Over the past two years we have ministered to foster families in Walton County through:
- 56 meals served
- 12 families assisted with supplies such as backpacks, clothes, car seats, strollers, and school supplies
- 7 respite events allowing parents to drop kids off for some organized fun while they have alone time to do whatever they need
- Over $1000 in gift cards to help offset the costs of taking in children who often come with nothing
- Numerous meals and pedicures to local foster parents through our business partnerships
- 90 duffle bags and 10 backpacks loaded with toiletries delivered to Walton County’s child removal team so that children have something other than a trash bag for their belongings when they are removed
- Countless prayers, encouraging phone calls and texts to foster families.
- Monthly support group meetings held in Walton County so foster parents no longer have to travel to another county for education and support